Advantages & Disadvantage of Sun Energy
Advantages of using Solar Energy
- It is pollution free.
- Renewable resource.
- Easy resource to collect
- It is the easiest way to heat homes.
- Does not require fossil fuels.
Disadvantages of using Solar Energy
- Not suitable for places where the climates are very cloudy.
- Solar cells and solar collectors are expensive.
- It can produce electricity only during day time.
- Damage of solar cells possible due to pollution.
- Some solar panels are not aesthetic and hence cannot be used in all places.
- Making solar panels use potentially toxic materials like cadmium, selenium and silicon tetrachloride which are not eco- friendly.