Images of electric energy
“Different types of energy and their images”
Electric energy is not readily available in nature. And therefore we are in need to generate electric energy from natural sources. Electric energy generation is the conversion of other kinds of energy, mainly primary energy, into electric energy. Generally, the process of generating electric goes through several transformations, as there is little primary energy directly convertible into electric energy.
The primary sources for the generation of electric energy are listed below,
- Natural gas
- Solar energy
- Wind energy
- Tidal energy
- Thermal energy
- Nuclear energy
Interesting facts on electric energy
- Energy cannot be created or destroyed but it can be converted from one form to another.
- Electric energy travels at the speed of light - more than 186,000 miles per second!
- A spark of static electric eenrgy can measure up to three thousand (3,000) volts.
- A bolt of lightning can measure up to three million (3,000,000) volts, and it lasts less than one second!
- Electric energy always tries to find the easiest path to the ground.
- Electric energy can be made from wind, water, the sun and even animal poop.
- A 600 megawatt natural gas plant can power 220,000 homes.
- The first power plant - owned by Thomas Edison - opened in New York City in 1882.
- Thomas Edison invented more than 2,000 new products, including almost everything needed for us to use electric energy in our homes: switches, fuses, sockets and meters.
- Benjamin Franklin didn’t discover electric energy, but he did prove that lightning is a form of electrical energy
Other types of Electric energy